To improve access to and frequency of information about Ipswich Public Schools for the community-at-large throughout the 2019-20 school year.
- To publish a quarterly School Committee newsletter and distributing via existing IPS email lists.
- To host three different meet & greet opportunities, all open to the public. Two/three School Committee members and the Superintendent at each of these events.
- To keep the School Committee information on the Ipswich Public Schools website up-to-date and comprehensive so that information can be easily found.
- To broaden the School Committee’s messaging by utilizing social media channels.
- Set long term budget priorities in conjunction with administration prior to year’s end
- Develop long term budgeting strategy by June 2020
- Conduct workshops with administrators in October/November of 2019 to discuss how best to tie future budgets with goals of the district
- Develop a process to help build budget (SC and administrators) rather than react to what is presented to the SC (on-going)
- Create “aspirational” budget we can tie with long term vision of the district (on-going)
- Build compelling argument for the budget leading up to future override request (on-going)
- Build 30 minutes into the second School Committee meeting of each month for an extensive update
3. SCHOOL FACILITIES
- Serve as School Committee liaison to town leaders putting together a capital improvement plan for maintenance and repair to school facilities
- Work on developing a process to determine the facilities solution to meet our elementary school building needs - to include clarification on what a future MSBA process will look like
- Research Amherst school district who has gone through our similar situation (on-going)
- Form a set of questions to ask MSBA - put together a Google Doc and invite SC members to submit procedural questions (on-going)
- Research other failed/renewed MSBA projects via their website, and conduct outreach to other communities who experienced similar circumstances (on-going)
- Make plan to distribute Elementary Education Plan report that was completed this past spring - add to a SC newsletter? (by December)
4. VISION 2030
- Develop a vision for the public schools of Ipswich to articulate the district beliefs, purpose, strategy, and outcomes by integrating existing district plans into a unified framework and incorporating evidence-based research into its practices.
- A framework for the plan and the alignment of existing Districts plans will be completed by January 2020
- District and Community outreach and input will be completed by Spring 2020
- Work to present a draft Vision plan by June 2020 with a finalized plan completed by September 2020